Stadium Special Rye Grass
Stadium Special™ perennial ryegrass – Top rated sports turf perennial ryegrass blend used on golf courses and athletic fields throughout the country for its durability and disease resistance.
Good heat tolerant perennial ryegrass varieties stand up to moderate summer temperatures.
Fair summer performing perennial ryegrass blend however, best with irrigation.
This ryegrass blend will perform well in both sun and shade but prefers moderate weather.
Our best for high traffic play zones and sports fields. Blends well with bluegrass and fescue.
Stadium Special™ Features
Stadium Special™ perennial ryegrass seed grows the fastest. Quick germinating in cool soils, perennial ryegrass blends well with bluegrass or fescue lawns to increase durability without sacrificing good looks. Good for dormant seeding.
Seeding Rate, Germination Time, Mowing Height
- Recommended over seeding rate: 5-8 lbs. per 1,000 sq . ft.
- Recommended bare ground rate: 10-12 lbs. per 1,000 sq . ft.
- Recommended dormant seeding rate: 8-10 lbs. per 1,000 sq . ft.
- Germination: 5-7 days in ideal conditions
- Mowing Height: |Spring 2-3 inches| Summer 3-4 inches|